Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hurdles.

Only a few things stand in the way of my month-long spring break:
  • 2,500-word Film History paper (I'm about halfway through)
  • 1000-word Journalism assignment where I show and discuss the writing style, mechanics, etc etc of three different news clippings (will finish this weekend)
  • Revised final draft of my 2000-word short story for Creative Writing, plus a 500-word critical self-examination (starting on it tonight)
  • Annotations of the last round of three classmates' stories for Creative Writing (doing that this weekend)
  • Reading 30-some pages for Film History (also doing that this weekend)
My spring break starts a week from Friday, when I'll take a train to London, meet up with Raf, and fly to Berlin with him, Sarah and Kellene to meet up with Kevin and check out the country for a week. Can't wait!

This Thursday I'm also headed to London-- Camden, specifically-- with Matt and Tom M to see Agalloch, a metal band from Portland, Oregon that only tours sporadically. I'm looking forward not only to the show, but also to hanging out with the band as I keep in touch with their drummer Aesop via his awesome music blog. One of the opening bands, Fen, also rules-- their recently-released Malediction Fields record is already one of my favorites of the year. It'll be a great night and I'm looking forward to spending a bunch on special tour merch.

This weekend and next week is mostly work, but oh well. Once it's over, the only looming obstacle is my Film History final on May 5th, the day after break is over. After that, it's back to the Northwest, where I have confirmed summer work with Avalara again-- a blessing in the current economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment