Sunday, March 15, 2009

Anyway

I'd like to apologize somewhat for the two overdramatic previous post; it's times like those that are one of the reasons why I'll never have a personal blog aside from this one. And even then, this blog will cease to be updated upon my return to the States (duh, right?).

A few good things this week. First, I was updated regarding the UEA-to-Goucher grade conversion scale, and it turns out a 65 and above is an A-. Thus, I got an B+ and an A- on my first and second Journalism assignments, not a B and B+ as thought before. Not too shabby.

Earlier in the week, I banged out my second and final story for Creative Writing. Initially I had this plan to do a serial killer thing, but I couldn't get inspired to write anything but the ending. As I was going to sleep I had this idea about getting in a fistfight with an old gradeschool rival, wondering who would win. And from there I got up the next day and worked the plot out backwards-- some twentysomething guy gets a bizarre invite to an elementary school reunion, has an awkward time, and ends his trip to his old stopming grounds by fighting a former playground nemesis. I don't think it's anything groundbreaking, but it was a lot of fun to write.

Finally, I got to work on the 2,500 word paper for Film History due April 3rd. I already have 800 words from that one night! I'm both amazed and happy. It's on marketing of film noirs and how despite being seen as men's films retrospectively, they were marketed plenty to women as well.

This week: bang out more on paper, secure work, buy tickets for a Memorial Day trip to Maryland for Maryland Deathfest (the annual death metal festival with the most amazing lineup to date). Oh, and get back to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment