Thursday, March 5, 2009

Finally, Grades

Today I received the first two Journalsim assignments back. The first was a 250-word article on this Erasmus study/work abroad UK program, and the second was a 400-word "update" of a continuing story from a few years ago where a senior citizen's tour boat capsized. I got a 64 on the first one and a 66 on the second one. Before your jaw drops in dismay, realize that a 70 or above is considered an A in this country. Yeah, it's ridiculous. So basically, I got in the B/B+ range. With that said, more effort could've been put into these, so let's hope the 1000-word ethics opinion piece I turned in today-- worth 25% of my grade-- comes out better. As long as I'm taking only three classes, I'd like to be getting A-'s and A's.

In more straightforwardly good news, I have turned the tide in my battle against chronic tendonitis and repetitive stress injury. For the past month, I've been doing this fantastic lil' exercise program for stretching my wrists, doing hot/cold baths, and squeezing a tennis ball every day (3 sets of 40 per hand) to increase strength. Yesterday I exercised and felt NO wrist pain for the first time since I can remember. I'm very pleased, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment