Monday, February 16, 2009

Long time, no post.

Plenty has gone on. Friday I cabbed to yet another pub to meet up with the Toms, Matt, Emmsy, Luke and some other friends of theirs. When we moved onto the Wildman Pub, something crazy happened. A heavyset man with long, fringey hair strode quietly in. "That looks like Shane Embury," I said loudly.
"Hah," said Tom N.
Then I noticed the man's friend had a Morbid Angel hoodie on. Hmm. And the possible Shane Embury had a Repulsion patch. Yeah, it had to be him. Suspicions were furthered when a dude looking like Mitch Harris stepped in. So Luke and I went up and very briefly conversed with them. Nice dudes.

Did a whole lot of nothing Saturday, then tonight I interviewed bassist Alex Webster, of famed and controversial death metal band Cannibal Corpse. They came to UEA opening for Children of Bodom. Alex was a class act and a down-to-earth human being...we talked for an hour! Once the interview's properly transcribed, I'll post it on my music blog (which you should check out if you haven't yet).

Bad news: my tendonitis is acting up a bit. I found a great exercise program to help with it, though, so I'm doing that daily and am going to further efforts to keep myself off of the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment