Friday, February 20, 2009

GREAT SUCCESS, vol. II

Today I received some work back from my Creative Writing class. My professor enjoyed what I'd written-- an exercise about suffering from stupidity and subsequently, dehydration while climbing Masada this summer, and a short story about an office worker who finds out mid-argument his fly has been open all morning and Cap'n Winkie has been making a subtle appearance (hey, one of the assignment's plot options was "business man in a public setting with his pants' zipper down").

Then I FINALLY got back to the gym and really took my time. As always, it really cleared my head. Shortly before I left school, I benched 180 once and that was my big achievement until today. I benched the kilo equivalent of 176.4 pounds 4 times the first set and then 5 the next! Awesome. One day I'm hoping I can reach 200, and then go beyond.

Lastly, I returned to my room to find an email informing me that yes, my Creative Writing class here can count as a 300-level seminar towards my English major! This really frees up my schedule next year, because otherwise I would have to take three required seminars (one creative, two literature).

No comments:

Post a Comment