Sunday, February 1, 2009

Good times, finally.

The whole Deviant Society bit did yield one (well, a few) good outcomes, in the end. A few weeks back I basically browsed through their Facebook group roster, looking for folks with solid taste in tunes, and there was some dude named Tom, wearing an Autopsy shirt. I shot him a message and we got to talking about death metal and the like and last night I met up with him and his two housemates at the Marquee pub. Good guys into good music (Slowdive and Tom Waits also came up in conversation), and I think we're going to go see Agalloch in London in late March. Like me, they expressed their discomfort with the "Deviant" label and the preference that musical influence not define one's lifestyle.

Not much else to report, really. Need to stock up on food today and do laundry soonish as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment