Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Slightly More Eventful Weekend Than Previous

Friday: Got out of class at 5, hit the gym at 6 and then washed up and met up with Shane and his flatmates in Suffolk (the ziggurat dorm area opposite mine) to hit up the town.

Liquid proved to be a better nightclub than Mercy, which isn't exactly a high benchmark in the first place, but come on now. I don't dance and I sure as shit didn't dress properly. Black jeans and a yellow shirt are pretty garish in general, but I'm pretty sure everybody else at the club was wondering if I even knew the meaning of the term "business casual." Pictorial proof:
And no, I'm not drunk here.
On the bright side of things, I discovered Smirnoff Ice actually tastes okay. Back on the downside of things, that's the last time I go into town without ear plugs. Haven't had the "cotton ball effect" in my ears since I saw CoC at the Showbox without any ear protection.

Saturday:
Woke up nice and late, but couldn't get ahold of my buddy Mike from Goucher-- we were going to head into town to shop. Phoned Ian, who had just headed there, and took a bus by myself for the first time. It wasn't too difficult, haha. Found a tech store and paid the equivalent of 120 USD for a 1-terabyte external hard drive. Just so you're clear on the math: in summer 2006, I paid 150 for a 250-gig one. Less than three years later, I threw down thirty dollars less for four times the storage space. Awesome.

Also awesome: British-made Rotosound bass strings-- made popular by the mighty John Entwhistle and subsequently used by Chris Squire, Steve Harris and numerous other musicians that I love cost 40-some in the US, but only cost 20 here at a really sweet music shop on St. Benedict street. I snatched up a pack and will probably snag a few more before I go home.

I also bought four used movies because sometimes a guy needs ridiculous entertainment. Let's just say that Steven Seagal's Under Siege is one the best investments of time I've made in the past six months.

After Mike endured my taking my time in the video shop, we went to the Waffle House for some eats. Totally delicious! I had the stir-fry waffle with soy and chili sauce. Thanks, Mike.

Today: Just lazed around, really, but what else is new?

No comments:

Post a Comment